Saturday, March 15, 2014

What we've all been up to, part 1

I've been wanting to write a catch-up post on what we've all been up to lately.  I have a few minutes now, so I'll try and write a little. 

Jack, at the moment, is at an early Saturday morning baseball practice with David.  He's in a 10-11 year old league this year, and let me tell you, some of those 11 year olds look so big!  It's hard to believe he's what everyone seems to be calling a "tween" now.  He'll have 2 games and 1 practice each week, and he's excited, although a little rusty since it's been a while since the weather has been nice enough to play catch or practice batting. 

He in in Lego club once a week after school, and Lego and reading books are still his favorite pasttimes.  At times I struggle to find reading material that is appropriate for his reading ability, because he devours books much faster than I can preview them.

Thomas is also in baseball this year, and I am thinking about putting him in the children's choir at church.  He loves to sing, and has a knack for picking up songs, but I'm trying to decide if I want to add another activity to our schedule just yet.  He also loves Lego and dancing and being silly.

Peter is also in baseball (three kids on three separate teams!) and is a fierce little guy.  He has a "never quit" attitude, especially when competition is involved.  He's also the king of non sequitors in our house, and generally hilarious comments or observations that come out of nowhere.  He is doing well in school, although some days he puts up a fight and declares he won't do any schoolwork, and then I have to try my best to be patient yet firm and get through the day.

Davy is pretty much the stereotypical 2-year old boy ... equal parts adorable, annoying, fearless, tough, whiny -- you name it (and it can change at a moment's notice).

Duty calls, so to be continued! ....

No comments:


Blog Archive