Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Spring fevers

I think it's been at least a couple of weeks since everyone in our house has been healthy at the same time.  We started with stomach viruses, then had terrible allergies, and then somehow a respiratory virus (complete with pinkeye for Jack) piggybacked onto the allergy attacks and basically our house now sounds like a symphony of hacks, coughs, sniffles, sneezes, and nose-blowing.  I think Davy and I are in the best shape right now -- but everyone else is just not quite themsevles.  Poor Peter kept falling asleep on the couch today in the middle of the day, and if you know Peter, you know how unlike him this is!!  He hasn't napped for years!  He had a fever and was really out of sorts, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

We are fortunate that none of these illness is serious -- just lots of run-of-the-mill stuff happening back to back.  Still, it's tiring and sad to watch everyone feel so miserable all the time and to not be able to do much about it.  And we're in the midst of getting ready to move in 2 weeks, so there's that floating in the air behind everything else.  I've been working hard between normal everyday tasks to give the house a deep clean, get rid of unnecessary clutter, and organize our belongings so they can be packed and unpacked more easily.  It actually is kind of fun to get rid of things, though!  If some toy or book or household item bothers me, isn't really as useful as I once thought it would be, or if I just plain don't feel like it's worth unpacking it in the next house, then I find a new home for it.  It's liberating!

Davy is asking me nicely to read him a book, so I will close with a couple of pictures of Jack at his Orioles field trip today.  David got to take the day off work and be a chaperone, and Jack was feeling well enough to finally go back to school today, and they had a great time.  :)





1 comment:

GrammyG said...

It seems that viruses have a way of traveling across country! PINK EYE!
I wish I could be there to help!
I pray that we are all getting to that heathy place.
Great pics.
Love and miss you all so much!!!


Blog Archive