Monday, February 15, 2010

"It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey, and it's gonna last you...

for the rest of your life."*

Well, maybe not exactly, but it's starting to feel that way a little! We are so very excited that we found out we'll be in Colorado Springs from April to October!! I know it will still be cold and possibly gray there when we arrive in April, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

This cold, gray weather is really doing a number on the boys' (and therefore my) sanity. I've been try to get them as much exercise as possible, but it just hasn't been enough to get all the crazies out. They've been playing inside on the couch cushions and playing pretend baseball (which they came up with and have been playing very nicely!), but apparently we're still making too much noise up here. Today we got another note from our neighbors asking us the keep the running and jumping down. Augh! I'm kind of throwing up my hands at the whole thing -- we were doing reasonably well with the bouncing (or so I thought). Of course there's Peter, whose favorite mode of transportation is bouncily jogging, but I refuse to try and teach a 20-month old to "just walk" all the time!

During this week, our local mall is holding its annual "beach at the mall" event. They turn an empty store into a beach play area for kids, including a bunch of moist sand and lots of sand toys, and it's free! I took the boys there today, and it was fun watching them play in the sand with the other kids. It was a nice thing for the mall to do -- I guess everyone, even seasoned Buffaloans, get a little stir crazy in the winter.

Last weekend, we took the boys to an indoor auto show, and that was fun. They got to wander around, look at cool cars, and even sit in some of them!

David and I finally got our documents together and turned in our passport applications, so with any luck we'll receive those in the next few weeks and we can make a trip to Canada before we leave here. I think that's the last big "to do" for us in Buffalo. Another good sledding trip would be great, too, if we get a little more snow.

*bonus points if you know which movie this is from :)



Do you see the Autobot symbol? The boys were excited to see the "real" Bumblebee.



Thomas had a special request to sit in the drivers' seat of this red convertible.


And Jack couldn't resist his turn, either.

6 comments:

GrammyG said...

The in-mall beach place sounds like a lot of fun. I am sure the boys enjoyed it.
I am sorry that your downstairs neighbors are still hearing too many thumps and steps. I know that is very frustrating for you.
I really like the pics of Jack and Thomas in the cars.
I am sure the next month and a half will go quickly for you all. I wish we could be there to help out.
Going to Canada should be a fun adventure for you all. Please take some of your wonderful pictures to share.
Love the pics.
Love to all

Noree said...

Colorado! That's way closer to CA than Buffalo!

KB. said...

1) Groundhog's Day, baby!

2) Woot, woot for Colorado Springs!! Definitely planning a few visits!

3) Day at the beach? Awesome idea! I wish they had an indoor beach: no sunburns, no seagulls, no smelly seaweed, no people half-nakies!

4) I love the car pictures!! They are so grown up. I miss them!

Campbell Troop said...

@SD Barbers

You are too good!! We watched Groundhog Day a couple of days before Groundhog Day (you kinda have to, right?), but I wasn't sure if anyone else would remember that quote!

Unknown said...

I love following your adventures! Could you email me with your current email address? I've been trying but the one I have keeps bouncing back.

Happy Ash Wednesday and a prayerful beginning to Lent for you all.

KB. said...

@Kathy
I have to watch that movie at LEAST once a year, sometimes more. I like it so much! Michael uses it to teach his philosophy class (his life of vice is unfulfilling, but his life of virtue is rewarding and ultimately what leads to his understanding of true love and happiness). It's a great movie.


Blog Archive