Thursday, July 12, 2007

We're still here!



I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted an update. It seems like so much has happened in the last few months -- it's an overwhelming thought to summarize it all!

Basically, we're having a good summer so far. We enjoyed a week-long camping trip in the Sierra Nevada mountains last month (I'm posting some pictures of our adventures there). Next month, Kim is getting married and we're all excited about that! We're also trying to get our house ready to sell (no rush, but we hope to move within a year or so, depending on the housing market). My contribution is to de-clutter as much as possible -- and that's been taking a good part of the time and energy that I have leftover after taking care of David, the boys, and the basic day-to-day stuff. I guess we've been slowly accumulating stuff since in the 3 years we've been here, and now I'm taking a cold, hard look at everything to determine whether or not we really need it anymore. It's a good feeling -- have less clutter and unnecessary furniture will make the house appear larger when we show it, and it also means we'll have less stuff to haul to a new home.

Mostly, I'm just excited about the prospect of having a house with a backyard for the boys to run around in. I can't wait!! It's definitely a good motivator for me to work diligently on getting the house ready ASAP.

There's a bunch of other stuff going on, but my few minutes of free time are up, so I'll have to post again later!

No comments:


Blog Archive